"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
- Neil Gaiman

Monday, April 16, 2012

Calling from The Goddess

OK, so I must admit I'm the last one I thought would be writing about this. But for my first C post in the Pagan Blog Project I'm going to write about my calling. Seriously.... What?!?!
Whenever I used to hear people say the heard a "calling" to be a priest or nun or whatever, I thought "dumb". I didn't understand. I mean I always considered myself spiritual but the thought never even crossed my mind that I should dedicate my life to it. And I think I was fairly judgmental since most of those that I normally heard of that had a calling were those annoying "believe what I believe or you will go to Hell" type of evangelicals. I found most people who had felt a calling were very judgmental of others.... so not one to miss a moment of irony.... I judged them.
I don't think it even occurred to me that you could have calling and still live a normal polite life. Then it happened to me.
Truth is, I can't tell you the exact moment (but that may be my crappy memory) that it happened. I think it may have actually happened slowly. But at some point I remember thinking.... "living in service to Goddess? Yep, that's what I'm supposed to do. That is my journey." And once that moment happened I felt a sense of relief. A sense of calm. A sense of Love.


Keep in mind I had already dedicated myself to Her and been a Witch for many years. But when the calling happened I felt Goddess had more for me to do. Do I know what that is? Not really. I know what path I feel compelled to follow and the results I feel drawn to. But we all know that life is ever-changing, and things are not always what they seem. So where this calling takes me unknown. But I'm ready to go and learn.








Thank you for reading. I welcome all comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment