"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
- Neil Gaiman

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Amulets

Blessings all! Because I started with the PBP late I thought I would go back and catch up with the weeks I missed.
So here is my first A post.
I decided to write about amulets, mostly because I have recently joined the Re-Formed Congregation of the Goddess, International, (RCG,-I), as well as registering for the Women’s Thealogical Institute (WTI is a spiritual education program through RCGI). 

After joining this group I began wearing my Triple Crescent Amulet constantly. The triple crescent is the symbol of the Congregation. It represents the three phases of the Goddess; Maiden, Mother and Crone bonded together in a circle as a reminder that we are all one. Wearing the triple crescent is a good way to proclaim your association and it is one of the ways Congregation members recognize each other. (rcgi.org).





When it comes to amulets I believe their power and associations depend on what each individual puts into them. Life is about perspective. For instance, one person may see the infinity symbol as a sign of love, others may see it as a sign of dualism.  Neither is wrong. Amulets can also hold many meanings to one person. To some my triple crescent may be the "biohazard" symbol, to others it may be worn to ward off evil and see it as a protective and lunar charm.
I wear my amulet all the time. Here is what it represents to me: 
Birth, Life and Death.
The maiden, mother and crone.
The three Celtic realms of earth, sea and sky.
Compassion, reason, and discipline
Mind, body, and soul
Faith, Hope and Love.
Above, below, and within
Past, present, and future

 
 Thank you for reading! I welcome all comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment