"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
- Neil Gaiman

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Beyond Maiden, Mother, Crone

I just finished listening to a wonderful interview with Dr. Rev. Karen Tate on the Inspiring Women Summit. In the interview she made a statement that really resonated with me. It was about moving beyond Maiden, Mother, Crone. It really got me thinking about how I (and I think others) was viewing the triple aspect. So that is what I want to talk about right now. This PBP post is my first B for Beyond Maiden, Mother, Crone.
For some the question has been raised  about women who choose not to have children. What then of the Mother stage?
As Pagans I think we sometimes get stuck in these three main aspects of Goddess and women (Dr. Rev Tate also speaks about the Queen stage). That these are the three options we have as women. So I am Mother. But I am sooo much more than that.
I am a Mother
I am a Queen
I am a Warrioress
I am a Teacher
I am a Healer
I am a Heroine..... this is going to be my first "H" post, so stay tuned for that!
I think that is the biggest problem with labels. We get so stuck that these are all that there is.
We, as women, are more than just our stage of life. And there are so many more stages than what we think. We try to add as much into each stage as we can. We put certain aspects into the 3 stages, but this is not so easy. A Warrioress can be so at Maiden, Mother or Crone stage.
We need to move beyond Maiden, Mother, Crone and see that while these are the stages of life, the stages of Goddess, this is not the limit. We are only limiting our own feminine power.
Nature is fluid, ever-changing. We must be fluid with it. As we as women regain our power, we need to see beyond what was and add to it. As we welcome each stage of life, we must continue to nurture our power and energy. Allow ourselves to be more.





Thank you for reading. I welcome all comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment