"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
- Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

...and we call it Sea Monkey


Been talking lots about sea monkeys on Facebook.......here's why ...

Jan 7, 2011
So I had my SCS trial on Dec 21st in which the doc used an x-ray and inserted a wire lead into my spinal column. This was a trial to see if the device would help with pain management. It did not. I had it removed a week later deciding not to go ahead with the permanent implant. Two days after the trial lead was inserted I was supposed to have started my menstrual cycle, the stress of the procedure did  not allow that to happen. I also gained 15 fucking pounds during that damn trial (water weight). So today about a week after the lead was removed and two weeks after my period was supposed to start I was still waiting. So I was trying to come up with ways to speed things along. One way that usually worked to get things going when I am late is to take a pregnancy test. Don’t ask why, I don’t know. I think it has to do with the relaxing of my body when I find out I’m not pg. So I grabbed the test peed on the stick and set it on the sink to wait the required amount of time (a whole 2 min). I happened to glance back over there before the time was up and…..huh?.......totally a positive test. Once I stopped staring at the test I got worried about the procedure a few weeks earlier. By my phones calculations (yes, there is an app for that) I was 2 weeks preggers at the time of the xrays. This totally freaked my ass out. After  talking to Greg and going to the clinic to confirm the pg and talking with them, I ended up speaking with a number of docs about the risks of the x-rays. Final analysis is that as early along I was, and the amount of radiation, if anything were to have harmed the baby, I would have miscarried. So in all likihood the baby is fine.
So there you have it, I have a bun in the coven and we are due on 9/10/11. We are calling the baby Sea Monkey for now :-)

Jan 10th, 2011
So now SM already has more brain cells than Paris Hilton!!
I am  in Week 5 of my pregnancy
My Second Trimester will begin 3/12/2011
And My Third Trimester will begin 6/11/2011
37 days down, 243 to go!
http://www.bolimages.com/images/bardots.gif
Fun Due Date Facts
  • Zodiac Sign: Virgo
  • Half Birthday: March 10
  • Birthstone: Sapphire
  • Birth Flower: Aster or Morning_Glory
  • Your baby will be born in the Chinese Year of The White Metal Rabbit
  • This time next year your baby will be 17 Weeks Old!
  • Your baby will start kindergarten in 2017, be old enough to drive a car in 2027, finish high school in 2030, and will graduate from college with the class of 2034, give or take a year. Fuck Now I really feel old!!!

Feb 15th
So today I am 10 weeks and 3 days. Been super super sick!!! Mostly I just sleep and puke now. We had the ultra sound last week to make sure Sea Monkey is ok because of the medical procedure at the beginning. Everything looks great – heart beat is good, all bits and pieces where they are supposed to be. The kids have known for about a week now and we decided that since Sea Monkey is doing well and because of how sick I have been it is easier to go ahead and spill the beans. I am hoping to start feeling better in a couple of weeks so I can rejoin the world.


 We think Sea Monkey looks like a Ninja!!! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment